As a customer of Aire Valley Flooring Limited we may in certain circumstances collect and process your personal data in the course of our business with you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016 / 679 (GDPR) you are entitled to be informed of what data we will hold and how we intend to use that data. This Privacy Statement informs you of what data we collect, why we collect it and the lawful conditions we consider appropriate for the processing of your personal data.
What Data Do We Collect?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, most common data being name, address, email, telephone number or IP address. We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person in our branches:
- Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number, email address and IP address.
- Information that you provide to us in order to purchase goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity, and proof of income.
- Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rd parties.
Why We Need this Information
Personal data we collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including the following:
- In order for you to form a legally binding contract with us.
- In order that we can process payments for our products and services.
- In order for us to verify your identity.
- To validate any warranty claims Marketing and Sharing Personal Data
On occasion, we may use your personal data to inform you about relevant products and offers. We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to contact you about products, services and offers which we think may be suitable for you. We will give you the option to opt out of any marketing material at the time we collect your data for marketing purposes and each subsequent time we market to you. Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database or advise us of an amendment to your marketing preferences you can do so by emailing email@example.com
There may be instances where we share your personal data with 3rd party organisations where it would be reasonable to do so. However, we would not share your personal data with other organisations for marketing purposes unless we have your express written consent to do so.
There may be circumstances when we are legally obliged to share your personal data e.g.
- To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, where in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonable likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We may use your personal information to contact you for reasons that we consider are in our commercial interests and / or the interests of our customers.
We have carried out a Legitimate Interest Assessment for the following 4 areas and consider these Legitimate Interests to be: –
- To send our customers marketing information when we have a relevant and appropriate relationship with them.
- To contact our customers in order to gain feedback in to the service we have provided and what we did well or badly. Should you wish a copy of any of our legitimate interest assessments please contact our data protection officer at the details below.
Security of Personal Data
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Aire Valley Flooring website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use.
Your Rights as a result of Aire Valley Flooring processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The right to Data Portability)
Aire Valley Flooring web site uses “cookies” to help improve your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and are safe. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the Aire Valley Flooring domain that issued the cookie to you.
None of the cookies on our web site collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Aire Valley Flooring web site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve the web site wherever possible. Aire Valley Flooring web site does collect some personal / identifiable information but this is always done through asking you the user to enter details such as your email address. We will never capture personal information without making you aware first.
We use Retargeting Cookies, these cookies allow us serve our advertising to you after you have left our site. We work with third parties who may place cookies on your web browser to enable us to serve you with adverts using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the services or website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
Data Protection Officer
Should you have any concerns or questions about how we process and store your personal data please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office via the following: Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Telephone 0303 123 1113